We are now open at 7th and Walnut....
In April of 2015 Jeff and Kelly bought the building at 7th and Walnut, formerly Hienl's Flower shop, which was built in 1901. They sold their house and are now living in the space upstairs. They, along with their family of two dogs and a cat, have well adjusted to living the urban life. In addition to converting the building to a restaurant they also built, from the ground up, a new, state-of-the-art, kitchen. The move has been great and they love being a part of Downtown Terre Haute. In addition to a new kitchen, they have 70, off street, parking spaces for their customers just caddy corner from the new restaurant location.
Jeff and Kelly Ford have been owners of the Black Angus restaurant since August 2007 and at that time completely remodeled the building and reintroduced the restaurant as a fine dining establishment. The location has always been utilized for a restaurant since 1965, and the building has housed a steakhouse since the early 1980's.
They have tried to maintain the history of the building while bringing in some additional Terre Haute lore. The bar is named after "The Legend of Stiffy Green". One popular legend is Stiffy was John G. Hienl's beloved dog who died of a broken heart hanging out at Mr. Heinl's grave sight. Another story is it was a statue given to John G. Heinl as a gift from his brother in law, Eugene V. Debs. Please come and enjoy the historic building while enjoying J. Ford's Food and Hospitality.
Available in the bar only...every night!
MUSHROOM & SWISS,
OR BLACK-N-BLUE HOUSE BURGERS